4 min read - by Adam Lattimore
CBD has become one of the most notable buzzwords of the past decade. And with good reason. CBD provides natural health benefits that are a safe alternative to pharmaceutical drugs that many of us rely on daily. Two of the leading product categories in the CBD world are CBD tinctures and creams. While both of these product categories contain cannabidiol (CBD), these two products provide uniquely different experiences to the end user. In this article, we’ll explore the difference between these two products and help you choose the best product for your wellness goals.
What are CBD creams?
CBD creams fall into one of two categories, topical and transdermal. Topical CBD creams are best used for localized skin conditions such as sunburn, bruises, acne, eczema, rashes, and the list continues. These creams are generally categorized as lotions and serums. Transdermal creams provide both the localized benefits, which topical creams provide, along with the benefits of reducing muscle soreness, symptoms of mental and physical burnout, and enhanced sleep benefit.
Transdermal creams work by penetrating CBD through the skin barrier and into your bloodstream. This allows for enhanced CBD delivery and time released effects. There are limited transdermal creams available on the market due to the challenges of creating an all-natural product, that is both effective and fairly priced. A high-end transdermal CBD cream, like Revibe Wellness, can deliver over 80% of CBD to the user over the course of 8 hours compared to a tincture which delivers up to 30% of CBD over the course of 2 hours. Both topical and transdermal creams will leave your skin feeling refreshed, rejuvenated, and hydrated.
What is a CBD tincture?
In the marketplace, you may see CBD oil on the label of products that are actually CBD tinctures. Tinctures are CBD oil extract mixed with a carrier oil, usually MCT, and are designed to be consumed orally. Oil isn't easily absorbed into the bloodstream which is why the recommended use for a tincture is to place it under your tongue for 30 seconds before swallowing it. Although tinctures are advertised as being effective, at best you are only receiving about 30% of the active ingredient, CBD, and the benefits only last for a few hours. This means you have to constantly consume tincture oil throughout the day for it to be effective.
How to use each product
CBD topical cream is applied directly to your skin area in need. CBD Transdermal cream is more versatile and should be used the following way. For sore muscles, joints, and any skin condition, apply directly to the area in need. For better sleep, and to reduce mental and physical burnout, apply to thin skinned areas, such as your forearms, back of neck, shoulders, and temples.
Both topical and transdermal cream can be used at any time during the day to get you back on track and feeling relief.
CBD oil is consumed orally. Typically, this product comes in a dropper bottle; to consume CBD oil, you’d fill the dropper with the desired amount and then dispense it into your mouth.
Which other ingredients can you find in CBD creams?
At Revibe Wellness, our CBD creams pair CBD with other complementary, beneficial ingredients that help to reduce inflammation and promote relaxation while boosting your skin's natural hydration and improving your skin’s overall appearance. Oils, extracts, botanicals, and more can be found right alongside CBD in our formulation. Some of our ingredient superstars are the following.
- Organic Shea Butter: As nature's strongest anti-inflammatory oil, shea butter is loaded with natural b-vitamins and fatty acids making it one of the most nourishing skin moisturizers on the market.
- Organic Sunflower Seed Oil: An extremely versatile ingredient that naturally contains a potent amount of Vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that helps protect skin cells from the harmful effects of excessive sun exposure. Vitamin E helps to protect your skin’s collagen and elastin, which can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Organic MSM: One of the best kept secrets in pain management. MSM is a natural compound known to aggressively decrease joint and muscle pain. A study of physically active men and women demonstrated that the use of MSM prior to working out was able to reduce post-exercise inflammation by over 30%.
- Organic Eucalyptus Oil: This essential oil certainly has a pleasant and calming scent, but it truly shines when folded in with a CBD cream, due to its ability to reduce joint pain and swelling.
- Organic Rosemary Oil: Rosemary oil is known to enhance mood while also calming an overly excited nervous system. In addition, Rosemary oil enhances memory function and processing speed.
How to choose the right CBD product for you
No two CBD creams are alike. The variations in quality, source, and potency vary widely between the different tubes and jars on the shelf. When selecting the right new CBD product for your skincare or body care routine, be on the lookout for these markers of a good CBD cream:
- Prioritize all-natural ingredients and processes. When looking for CBD products, you should always check the origin of where the hemp is grown. This ensures that your CBD is sourced from hemp grown without synthetic or harsh additives. Many products in the market contain hemp that isn't grown on a licensed farm or within the United States. Our hemp is sustainably harvested without use of pesticides or herbicides. We test each batch to ensure that the final product is pesticide-free, too.
- Look for potency. While two CBD product containers may be of the same volume or size, they may contain different amounts of CBD cream. Always check the label for the number of milligrams of CBD per container, so you know you’re getting a significant amount of CBD in your product.
- Seek out test results. All CBD products should include a batch number that you can use to determine where and when your product was made. Additionally, some CBD products – ours included – include QR codes on the packaging so that you can quickly look up your product’s test results. Our intensive testing process checks for multiple toxins in addition to verifying our CBD potency and our hemp extract’s terpene content.
Which CBD cream is best for you
When searching for the best CBD cream for you, look for a formula that not only has CBD, but brings along with it an array of science-backed ingredients that support a healthy body and mind. It’s not enough to pair just the right ingredients — the included ingredients need to be ethically sourced and thoroughly tested for potency and purity. We at Revibe Wellness have developed a scientifically superior CBD transdermal cream to restore balance and harmony to your body.
If you have any questions or just want to say hello, feel free to call us at 619-800-1838. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org