4 min read - by Sophie Bracken
Each of us have experienced those days where we feel extra tired, overloaded with work, or underappreciated. Occasionally, we even experience those days where getting out of bed can feel like a major task. If you start to find yourself feeling this way more often than not, this is generally the starting signs of burnout.
One of the most concerning things about mental and physical burnout is that it sneaks up on you when you least expect it. Burnout is a state of physical, emotional, and mental exhaustion caused by extended and extreme stress. The worst part is, burnout shows up when you're already feeling emotionally drained, overwhelmed, and you can't seem to meet daily demands. This creates a downward spiral which causes lack of motivation and interest in things that you once enjoyed.
As we are just beginning to learn more about burnout prevention options, clinical research has shown great promise with both burnout prevention and resolution through the daily use of CBD.
Why is Burnout Detrimental
Burnout reduces daily productivity and lowers your energy levels, so you feel increasingly helpless, hopeless, cynical, and resentful. At some points you may feel like you cannot give anything more of yourself. If left unattended, these conditions can worsen resulting in major physical and psychological illnesses like depression, anxiety, heart disease, and weight gain. Due to these extensive consequences, the sooner you get a handle on your burnout out the better.
Common Signs of Burnout
- Physical symptoms: Chronic stress could cause physical symptoms, such as stomach aches, headaches, and intestinal problems.
- Work-related activity alienation: When experiencing burnout, you might see your job as becoming increasingly frustrating and stressful. You might become cynical about individuals you work with or your work conditions. You might start feeling numb about your work, and emotionally distance yourself.
- Decreased performance: Burnout primarily impacts daily work tasks or in the household when your primary job is having to care for family members. When you experience burnout, you might have negative feelings about these tasks, and find it difficult to concentrate.
- Emotional exhaustion: Burnout can cause you to feel wiped out, tired, and unable to cope. You likely do not have the energy to get things done.
- Lack of motivation: When you are not feeling enthusiastic about things, or you do not have the drive or motivation for work, you are likely dealing with burnout. It might be difficult for you to rise in the morning, and you find you have to drag yourself each day to work.
- Anger: Initially, anger might come on as irritability and interpersonal tension. Later, it might turn into serious arguments with others, and angry outbursts.
- Anxiety: You might experience mild symptoms of edginess, tension and worry early on and then experience worsened anxiety as you start feeling burned out. Your anxiety could become so serious it causes issues in your personal life and disrupts your ability of being productive at work.
- Depression: You might feel a mild case of sadness and periodically hopeless in the early stages, resulting in you feeling worthless and guilty. But, when depression is at its worst stage, you might feel severely depressed and trapped, thinking the world is better off without you in it. You should obtain professional help if your depression gets to this point.
- Insomnia: You might have difficulty falling or staying asleep a couple nights a week, in the early stages. Later, insomnia might become a persistent nighttime occurrence, and as tired as you are, you still cannot sleep.
- Increased illness: Since your body is exhausted, it weakens your immune system, and makes you susceptible to colds, flu, infections, and other immune-related health issues.
How CBD Prevents and Reduces Burnout
As previously mentioned, the primary contributing factors to burnout is high anxiety, lack of sleep, increased stress levels, body pain, and poor nutrition. The fact is, all of these conditions are related to one another. What begins as stress, leads to anxiety, which causes lack of sleep, resulting ultimately in burnout and all of the adverse side effects associated with it. This is why one of the most important steps you can take in preventing or reducing burnout is by immediately lowering your stress levels.
The adrenal glands are the organs in the body that are responsible for producing and secreting stress hormones like cortisol. The problem begins when there is an overproduction of these hormones and the adrenal glands can no longer keep up with the demands on the body. An overproduction of these hormones occurs when we are under a constant state of stress and anxiety because this puts the body into panic mode. This is where a CBD product, like Revibe Wellness, can help.
When the adrenal glands are producing these hormones at much higher levels than normal for an extended period of time they become tired. They then swing to the opposite side of the spectrum and are no longer able to produce these vital hormones since they do not possess the resources or stamina to do so. This is when we run into a condition commonly referred to as adrenal fatigue. Clinical studies have determined that CBD helps to regulate these stress hormones, by bringing them back into balance. In doing so, you will begin to notice your body become more balanced and better regulated.
It is recommended that you use CBD daily, both in the morning and at night, to assist with regulating your body's natural stress hormone levels. Its important to choose a CBD product that has a high level of bioavailability and a long duration, like Revibe Wellness, so that your stress hormones are being balanced properly. Products with low bioavailability and short duration bring limited benefits for a short period of time so you will need to use higher doses of CBD every few hours.
There is no magic bullet to cure burnout symptoms overnight. Introducing CBD into your daily life, along with proper diet, and exercise, will put you on the path to a happier and healthier life.
So there you have it, our quick list of a few things that you can start doing today to help prevent and eliminate burnout. Hope this helps.
If you have any questions or just want to say hello, feel free to call us at 619-800-1838. You can also email us at email@example.com